Thursday, March 10, 2011

Pre-trip planning

Hello Internet,
My name is Mike and as most of you know I am going a road trip with my father on route 66 over spring break. We will be taking my first car, a 1995 Camaro with a 3.4 L V6. I got my car this September and had to watch it all winter getting covered in snow. Once the warmer weather came I decided that it was time to do something grand. In my class I have an entire semester to work on a project so I decided that I would write all semester about cars and youth and then take a road trip. Route 66 was decided upon and with a little more than a week to go, the car needed to be prepared for the trip. The car is being serviced at Reese Automotive in Arlington Heights IL. New tires are being put on along with a serpentine belt, ac charge, brake and fuel lines, and finally the ever important iPod hook up. The next update will be on March 19th. Most new updates on the blog will happen at night and I can't promise a time, sorry. Like life, this trip only happens once so enjoy the ride.

5 comments:

  1. Do you have a defined end point (turn-around) yet or all you doing a full Chicago to LA trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mike! Sounds like an awesome time, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys, good luck tomorrow, amazing trip, so jealous :-)

    Which one of you is Clarkson, May or Hammond (or maybe the Stig)?

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy says - Have a good trip. She looks beautiful. Mike's dad just brought her to my house for me to see. I am the original Camaro owner of 15 years & then turned her over to Mike's good hands. What a great adventure!!
    March 18

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hal says - (son of the cars previous owner) What a cool trip..! I used to have to ask real nice to drive the car when I came to town..lol

    Id suggest being the Stig..!!

    ReplyDelete